Communications Center
Skip Navigation LinksHome > General Student Info > Spend a year abroad after graduation!

Spend a year abroad after graduation!

Contributed by: Barb Stedman
Published: Monday, 18 August 2014 4:00 PM
If you're a senior but don't know what you're going to do after graduation…
If you want to have an all-expenses-paid international adventure before going on to the next stage of your life…

Then you might want to consider a U.S. Student Fulbright Grant!

A Fulbright Grant allows you to carry out an independent research or creative project, take graduate-level courses, or teach English as a Second Language, in any one of 150+ countries. The program is open to ALL majors, but viable applicants will usually have a GPA of 3.2 or above and a good record of leadership and service. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.

There's still time to put together an application for this year's competition, but you must move quickly!

For the next three weeks, Dr. Dom Caristi (Fulbright Program Adviser for Ball State) and Dr. Barb Stedman (Director of National & International Scholarships) will be leading information sessions that will walk you through the entire application process. By the middle of September, you'll have an application ready to submit to the campus review committee.

To start your application, attend ONE of the first information sessions this week:
   - Thursday (August 21), from 8-9 am
   - Friday (August 22), from 4-5 pm
Both sessions will be in the Schwartz Digital Viewing Room, on the first floor of Bracken Library.

If you're not graduating until next year or think you might want to apply a few years after graduating, consider attending the first session anyway, just to get an overview of the process.

If you can't attend either session, contact Dr. Caristi at or 765-285-1493 asap.
You can read more about the Fulbright at