2014 Call for Proposals
Please consider these opportunities to present at research conferences. Contact your professor/advisor for assistance.
1. 55th Annual Adult Education Research Conference (AERC), June 5-7, 2014, hosted by Penn State University at Harrisburg Pre-Conferences (June 4, 2014) Call for Proposals Extended Deadline is March 15, 2014
22nd Annual African Diaspora Adult Education Research Pre-Conference: “Race, Place, and Social Justice: The Continuing Legacy of the African Diaspora” limited to Black graduate students
7th Annual Asian Diaspora Pre-Conference: “Infusing Learning between East and West: Enhancing Adult Education Research and Practice Exchanges” Open First Annual Adult Education Research Pre-Conference in Adult Education in the Health and Medical Professions Open LGBTQ&A Pre-Conference: “Queering the Boundaries” Open
2. Ohio Valley Philosopher of Education Society (OVPES) Annual Conference, Bergamo Conference Center, Dayton, OH, September 12-14, 2014Call for Proposals May 1, 2014
3. 33rd Annual Research to Practice (R2P) Conference Together with the 2nd Annual Ball State University Adult, Higher, and Community Education Research Conference Theme: “Innovations in Scholarship and Practice of Teaching and Learning” Call for Proposals April 1, 2014
4. National Network for Educational Renewal (NNER) 2014 Annual Conference - Theme: “Building Sustainable Communities: Reclaiming Our Values” October 23-25, 2014, Cincinnati, OH Call for Proposal April 4, 2014
5. 63rd Annual American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE) Conference - Theme: “Adult Educators: Making a Difference!” November 4-7, 2014, Charleston, SC – Call for Proposals April 21, 2014Concurrent Events: Commission on International Adult Education Pre-Conference: November 2-4, 2014 and Commission of Professors of Adult Education Co-Conference: November 6-7, 2014
6. The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) 2014 International Conference Theme: “Mobilize Learners. Revolutionize Assessment” November 12-14, 2014 Chicago, IL. Call for Proposals March 21, 2014
2014 Conference Opportunities (no longer accepting proposals)
1. 2014 Midwest Scholars Conference Breakout sessions will take place at Indiana Wesleyan University’s Indianapolis (North) Education and Conference Center, March 13-14, 2014. Keynote address & reception at Hilton Hotel from Yong Zhao
2. 2014 Erickson Global View Symposium Presented by The Department of Educational Administration, and the Mildred B. Erickson Distinguished Chair in Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education, Michigan State UniversityConference Theme: “Internationalizing Graduate Education: Focusing Discourse, Defining Knowledge, Enhancing Practice”At this year’s Symposium, Dr. John Dirkx and the Graduate Learning Experience and Outcomes (GLEO) team will present results from a survey of graduate education abroad experiences at fourteen research universities across the county, in addition to findings from a qualitative study conducted with MSU College of Education Study Tour participants.Featuring keynote speakers:
Dr. Philip Altbach (March 20th)
Dr. Victor Savicki (March 21st)
3. Innovations in Healthcare Summit March 21, 2014 Manchester University College of Pharmacy, Fort Wayne, IN8-9 a.m. - Registration & continental breakfast9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Program and lunchThe health care industry has always been on the leading edge of innovation. Today, amid a technological boom, surgical and pharmaceutical advances, and improvements in systems, processes and management, the practice of health care is changing more rapidly than ever. Attend the Innovations in Health Care Summit 2014, hear insights from health care professionals with diverse perspectives, and join the discussion. There is no cost to attend this educational one-day conference, but space is limited and registration is required. Register online by March 13. Complimentary breakfast and lunch are provided.
4. Faculty Women of Color in the Academy (FWCA) National Conference March 28-29 University of Illinois Hotel & Conference Center, Champaign, ILConference Theme: “Taking it to the Next LevelThe Faculty Women of Color in the Academy National Conference is a unique educational and professional opportunity for women of color scholars. With a theme of “Taking it to the Next Level,” the goal of the conference is to connect, empower, and support women as they pursue the next level of their career in the Academy.Featuring keynote speakers:Dr. Nell Painter (March 28th)Dr. Waded Cruzado (March 29th)Dr. Kimberlé W. Crenshaw (March 29th)
5. American Educational Research Association (AERA) ConferenceTheme: “The Power of Education Research for Innovation in Practice and Policy” Philadelphia, PA April 3-7, 2014. Pre-Conference events will take place on Wednesday, April 2, 2014.
6. 31st Annual International Society for Educational Biography (ISEB) Conference. April 24-26, 2014, Toronto, Canada